When we boarded our train in Frankfurt bound for Berlin it was apparent we were no longer in Kansas (and by Kansas, I mean Thailand). Modern, clean and impeccably on time, we boarded the train at exactly 17 minutes after the hour as printed on our tickets.
Although our ticket was in Euros and not Baht, I instantly felt more relaxed. For new readers, you may not realize we derailed on our Thai train ride bound from Bangkok to Chiang Mai.
GEAR WE USE
Olympus OM-D E-M5 II: http://amzn.to/1OchS7t
Canon G7X: http://amzn.to/1YdjsYX
Olympus 14-150mm II Lens: http://amzn.to/1Y79zeM
Rode Video Mic GO: http://amzn.to/1WDKtVM
Joby Gorilla Pod: http://amzn.to/1PgoY5F
SanDisk 16GB Extreme Pro: http://amzn.to/25KEErs
SOCIAL MEDIA & TRAVEL BLOGS
For just 10 Euros more total, we decided to put on our fancy pants and upgrade our seats from regular to first class. Sitting in our private compartment with a sliding glass door we had the entire six seats all to ourselves. Leaning back and reclining in a chair I alternated between sleeping, working on my computer and peering outside the window to enjoy the scenic German countryside.
Given the level of comfort we experienced, it was almost a little shocking when our four hour train ride ended abruptly in Berlin. It might sound crazy but I almost wanted to stay on board. This was fun.
Having just arrived in Germany from Thailand, we were still dealing with jet lag when we arrived at the train station in Frankfurt.
Our time in Asia has officially expired. We are here in Europe and we’re starting our European adventures. Right now we’re in the Frankfurt train station taking the train all the way to Berlin. We can’t wait to get on board.
We are in a fancy little compartment here en route to Berlin. When we were booking our tickets we saw they had a special and it was only an additional ten Euros to travel in first class. We figured since it was a pretty long trip that we would splurge a little. Now we have this whole compartment to ourselves. Check it out.
Traveling by train really allowed us to see the contrast between countryside and urban centers. Some of the highlights included passing by cute little hillside towns, windmills and spotting urban graffiti.
What do you have over there? Well, I’m already enjoying my German baked goods. I found a pretzel sandwich with salami and cheese and vegetables. This is my little snack for the trip.
The last time we took a train ride was in Thailand and it was third class. We were sitting on hard metallic seats. What a difference this is. This seat I have here you can recline all the way back. It is super comfy.
I can’t get over just how quiet this train ride is. I’m used to the rattling old Indian and Thai trains. The only other train system that I’ve taken that is on par with this was the KTX in Korea.
This has easily been one of the most comfortable train rides I’ve ever been on. I can’t wait to do more train travel all around Europe:
This is part of our Travel in Germany series. We’re making a series of videos showcasing German culture, German arts, German foods, German religion and German people.
All photos and video taken by Samuel Jeffery (Nomadic Samuel) and Audrey Bergner (That Backpacker).
Press here: Travel c for more similar videosTags: berlin, frankfurt, germany, taking, train
- FLIGHTS FUNNIEST FORTNITE GAME PLAY 😂JustMkMon, May 7, 2018 7:19pmURL:Embed:FLIGHTREACTS GETS HIS FIRST FORTNITE WIN AND RAGES IN EXCITEMENT. THIS HAS TO BE FLIGHTS FUNNIEST …
- FORTNITE X-4 Stormwing Plane NEW LOCATIONS ICEBURG Frosty Flights, Polar Peak, Happy HamletSensationLIVEThu, December 6, 2018 12:39pmURL:Embed:FORTNITE X-4 Stormwing Plane NEW LOCATIONS Frosty Flights, Polar Peak, Happy Hamlet.
- CNN International: “Business Traveller – Shanghai” promonchSat, December 23, 2017 8:00pmURL:Embed:CNN International HD: “CNN Business Traveller – Shanghai” promo (December 2017) http://www.cnn.com/specials/travel/business-traveller.
- পাইলটকে জোড় করে নেপালে পাঠায় US Bangla Airlines ! এ কেমন বিচারDesh NewsTue, March 13, 2018 3:03pmURL:Embed:US Bangla Airlines এর যে বিমানটির পাইলট ছিলেন ক্যাপ্টেন আবিদ ! জানা যায় ক্যাপ্টেন আবিদ…
- Explore Perth, Australia I Travel VlogJeff Sainlar VisualsMon, February 20, 2017 8:23pmURL:Embed:I recently visited Perth, Western Australia and explored a little bit of what the …