Lofoten, Norway, has a mountainous landscape that may make you wonder if it’s real or just a Hollywood movie set. This stunning landscape attracted filmmaker Michael Fletcher to film it by drone throughout midnattssol, or midnight sun, a natural phenomenon that occurs for several weeks during the summer in which the sun appears to never go below the horizon. During this time, the Earth’s axis angles the north Arctic toward the sun, creating an effect of a combined sunset and sunrise. Fletcher’s compilation immerses us among the mountains with aerial views of northern Norway’s mountains.
➡ Subscribe: http://bit.ly/NatGeoSubscribe
➡ Get More Short Film Showcase: http://bit.ly/ShortFilmShowcase
About Short Film Showcase:
The Short Film Showcase spotlights exceptional short videos created by filmmakers from around the web and selected by National Geographic editors. We look for work that affirms National Geographic’s belief in the power of science, exploration, and storytelling to change the world. The filmmakers created the content presented, and the opinions expressed are their own, not those of National Geographic Partners.
Know of a great short film that should be part of our Showcase? Email email@example.com to submit a video for consideration. See more from National Geographic’s Short Film Showcase at http://documentary.com
About National Geographic:
National Geographic is the world’s premium destination for science, exploration, and adventure. Through their world-class scientists, photographers, journalists, and filmmakers, Nat Geo gets you closer to the stories that matter and past the edge of what’s possible.
Michael Fletcher: https://vimeo.com/user655337
Press here: Travel c for more similar videosTags: beauty, captures, drone, haunting, mountains, northern, norway
- Ep 3: Winter Vanlife is More Than Skiing Powder – Bridger Bowl | Adventure in a BackpackAdventure in a BackpackFri, March 9, 2018 12:00pmURL:Embed:Episode 3 of Winter Vanlife is more than Skiing Powder takes us to …
- ALL NIGHT LONGFunForLouisSat, November 2, 2013 4:00pmURL:Embed:DAY 273 // BUY YOUR T-SHIRTS NOW! http://www.findthenomads.com (international postage) Indian designs 100% of profits go …
- #TheCube | Ethiopia and Eritrea resumed commercial airline flights for the first time in two decadeseuronews (in English)Thu, July 19, 2018 10:49amURL:Embed:After more than two decades, history has been made between the African nations of …
- ABANDONED TROPICAL ISLAND??FunForLouisFri, December 22, 2017 10:46amURL:Embed:DAY 1528 // 16TH NOVEMBER 2017 // DOMINICAN TREEHOUSE VILLAGE Go Follow… Joram Youtube // https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkH0HWUyOY5CKvlQrx2Zt9Q …
- U.S. Malaria Coordinator Admiral Tim ZiemerC4InterfaithActionMon, April 13, 2009 11:34pmURL:Embed:Admiral Tim Ziemer, U.S. Malaria Coordinator, talks about the importance of increasing resources for the fight …