This is Episode 3 of Discovering Basilan Mindanao Philippines with Becoming Filipino. In this Philippines travel vlog we experience Filipino hospitality at its finest. Starting off our day, we visit Lamitan City, home of the weavers, here we are given beautiful headbands as a gify from the village elder, and I try my hardest to crack a coconut. After we grab a lunch and I somehow find myself trying Betel Nut again, (Called Apo here), and we explore a columnar basalt waterfall called Bulingan Falls… and I can tell you, it’s one of the best waterfalls in the Philippines. While visiting this island might not be at the top of Foreigner tourist list of the top things to do in the Philippines, we hope that soon people will begin to return to this beautiful island.
A bit more backstory on Basilan, and this series.
This small island has had a lot of trouble in the past. Muslim extremist groups have damaged its people and its reputation. As a foreigner in the Philippines, everyone told me to stay away from the south. Mindanao was “dangerous” and “no one should go”, is what I was told by both filipinos and foreign travelers. After the Mindanao roadtrip with the Fighterboys, I would have to disagree. Love and generosity is what we experienced, an appreciation from the people that I have rarely felt while travelling the world. We met the governor of ARMM, our local contact (always have a local contact) and spent 4 days here. While I wouldn’t recommend travelling here on your first day in the Philippines,
This is Day 2 of exploring Basilan Mindanao Philippines.
#FearlessandFar #Basilan #Mindanao
I post wild stories and travel tips here: https://www.patreon.com/fearlessandfar
♥ Friends ♥
Find Kulas here:
♫ Music ♫
“Znikne” – OGROD
“Barely Floating” – Ooyy
“Bonita” – Beiba
☎ Say Hi Here ☎
✧ Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/fearlessandfar
✧ Tweetz: http://www.twitter.com/fearlessandfar
✧ Facebook Fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/fearlessandfar
✯ Experiences over Possessions ✯
Press here: Travel c for more similar videosTags: basilan, mindanao, philippines, stepping, stone, travel, waterfall
- HIstorical Verin, Galicia, Spain DavidsbeenhereDavidsbeenhereMon, March 26, 2012 7:03amURL:Embed:http://davidsbeenhere.com/ iPhone #166 This beautiful river sits in the city of Verin in Galicia, Spain. To …
- Wings Flights of HopeWKBW TV | Buffalo, NYWed, September 26, 2018 7:51pmURL:Embed:Giving hope to others one flight at a time. That’s what Wings …
- Peaks of Adventure in Dolomiti Paganella ItalySTORYTRAVELERSMon, November 7, 2016 12:19pmURL:Embed:Get ready for another adventure in the Italian Dolomites: a perfect playground for those who want …
- Inside Panama City’s Biggest Mall – Albrook Shopping MallFrank and Angie Travel & Live AbroadTue, July 14, 2015 8:48pmURL:Embed:We went to this mall several times when we were …
- Top 10 Best Luxurious Hotels In The WorldHot ListMon, June 22, 2015 1:40pmURL:Embed:Best Hotels in the world,Luxury Hotels are Leading Hotels of the World, here is the …